5/04/2014

Luminizers: Stila and Benefit REVIEW

As someone who has a dry and matt face all year round, I am always on the look for luminizers or highlighters that can give me a dewy look.You might know from my previous post that I've tried the Bare Minerals READY Luminizer Duo, which is a really really great product but today I will be sharing and comparing two really popular, not exactly new, liquid luminizers/highlighters - the stila all over shimmer liquid luminizer ($26CAD) and the benefit high beam luminescent complexion enhancer ($32CAD).




One thing I like about both products being in liquid form is that you can easily mix it with your foundation. If you mix it to your foundation you can get a dewy look all over your face and the foundation and the luminizer can blend really well with each other. 

Application

Both products are applied using a small brush that's kind of like a nail polish brush, some people don't like that very much and prefer a pump instead, but I guess it's just really personal preference. Personally, I don't mind the brush and it's easy to apply the luminizer in streaks to areas you want to highlight and then blend it out (like your nose bridge). This will give a regional dewy look on certain areas on your face you want to highlight.


Colour

The stila all over shimmer luminizer have 3 shades and I got mine in pink shimmer. The benefit high beam luminizer have only one shade. Both are really similar because I like it with a tint of pink rather than bronzy/brown tone. I would say the all over shimmer is more on the pearly white/pink side of the spectrum where as the high beam is more on the light coral/pink side. Nonetheless, both colors are very similar, so when you apply and blend it out the colors are pretty much the same. 


Shine

One of the differences between the two luminizer is that the stila all over shimmer luminizer have a more glittery shine, where as the high beam highlighter have a pearly shine. When applying the stila luminizer, using too much product can make you face look really glittery like a disco ball. 



Texture

The stila luminizer is more watery which I really like, it makes it a lot easier to blend and to work with, For the benefit high beam, it thicker and it leaves streak marks if you don't work fast and it would be really hard to blend the marks out afterwards. 

There is a 6 dollars price difference between the two luminizers/highlighters for the same amount of product (almost, stila one has 0.05oz more product than the benefit one). I like them both for different reasons but I think both do the job quite well, giving a dewy but not too shiny look. If you tried either one (or both) tell me it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment